Co-Chair: Sandy Daack Hirsch firstname.lastname@example.org
The By-laws and Awards Committees are chaired by the Past President. The By-laws committee considers and recommends any changes or amendments in either the Articles of Incorporation or the Bylaws.
Co-Chair: Sandy Daack Hirsch email@example.com
The Awards Committee solicits and reviews nominations from the membership for the Founder Awards prior to each annual meeting. The committee will select the award recipients by consensus. Recipients will receive the awards at the annual meeting. Members include a past award recipient and the chairperson or a representative of the Membership Committee.
Co-Chair: Jamesetta Newland firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair: Paule Joseph (Social Media) email@example.com
The role of the Communications Committee is to disseminate information to the membership on all aspects of the organization and other relevant issues by:
- Providing information on topics or issues that may have an impact on members
- Presenting a world perspective news or insights on issues for nurses in genetics worldwide
- Producing a monthly electronic update for members
- Updating, maintaining and editing information posted on the ISONG web site.
- Encouraging the Board and other committees to share information for the newsletter or web site
- Communicating with members in ways that are appropriate, as directed by the Board
Co-Chair: Jennifer Dungan firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair: Jennifer Sanner email@example.com
The Education committee promotes the education goals of the Society, and assembles and maintains education resources for both the Society and other groups.
Ethical Issues and Public Policy Committee
Laura Beamer firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair: Cheedy Jaja email@example.com
This committee shall evaluate scientific and political changes, which require a response by the Society. They shall recommend and establish criteria, with approval by the Board of Directors, for such evaluation, which reflects the Vision, Mission and goals of the Society. The Ethical Issues and Public Policy committee may not provide verbal or written opinions on political or scientific issues without the approval of the Board of Directors.
Global Membership Committee
Co-Chair: Susan Fernbach firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair: Gigi Lim email@example.com
The role of the Global Membership committee is to address issues related to increasing membership, disseminating information about members as appropriate and enhancing the experience of members by:
- Publicizing the organization to attract new members
- Facilitating potential members in joining the organization
- Acting to honor and disseminate information about the achievements of members
- Addressing issues related to non-renewal of membership to maximize retention of members
ISONG Development Committee
Co-Chair: Rebecca Koszalinski firstname.lastname@example.org
This committee facilitates outreach to community organizations, educational institutions, associations and businesses to advocate for ISONG’s mission. This includes building relationships with schools of nursing, collaborating with agencies to foster new initiatives, and promoting sponsorship of professional and public education related to genetics and genomics. Please contact Sheila Alexander with your interest in serving ISONG in this capacity.
Co-Chairs: Sandy Daack Hirsch
The primary role of this committee is to encourage ISONG members to become interested in running for ISONG leadership positions. Networking with ISONG friends and colleagues that would be valuable representing ISONG as an officer is a key responsibility of committee members. Once persons are willing to run for office, the Chair puts together the nominations list, candidate biographies, and prepares the ballot for on-line voting. Committee members are key to thinking of creative ways to get people interested, to inform them of the responsibilities of the officers, and communicate with them when questions come up. Being part of the nominating committee is an important way to become involved, learn more about ISONG, and make a difference. The goals of this committee are to:
- Solicit candidates for board positions.
- Develop content about leadership positions to post on the ISONG web site.
- Develop information and candidate application packages to mail out to interested persons.
Professional Practice Committee
Co-Chair: Tammy McKamie email@example.com
Co-Chairs: Susan Montgomery firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this committee is to address issues related to clinical genetics/genomics nursing practice that are relevant to ISONG membership by:
- Creating and updating information describing genetics/genomics nursing practice (such as the What is a genetics nurse? Brochure) posted on the ISONG web site
- Participating in the development, interpretation, evaluation, and dissemination of Genetics and Genomics Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice.
- Supporting and helping to facilitate special interest groups within ISONG
- Collaborating with the ISONG President, Board, and other ISONG committees in defining genetics and genomics nursing practice
Co-Chairs: Wendy Henderson email@example.com
Co-Chairs: Allison Vorderstrasse firstname.lastname@example.org
The research committee of ISONG fosters research activities in nursing, genetics, and related areas to enhance professional and personal development of members, consistent with the vision, mission and goals of the society. Our goal is to facilitate the research activities of ISONG members which include:
- Raising awareness of the role of research within ISONG's core business
- Alerting members to research opportunities (funding, collaboration among members)
- Administering the ISONG annual grant award through an equitable and efficient process. Visit Research Grants
- Disseminating news of research to key stakeholders (members, patients, other professional, funders).